Family

Family

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Therapeutic prayer journals...

You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3 NKJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 KJV

I want that.  I want perfect peace.  I want to think about things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, things of virtue, praiseworthy things.  I want that to be my daily thoughts.  In all honesty, I try.  I memorize scripture.  I read my bible daily.  I listen to bible studies. I listen to and sing along with praise music.  I try... I really do.  Yet there are just some days where those negative thoughts fly in like a bird and make a nest in my head.  I can't stop thinking about problems, things I need to do, bills that aren't getting paid.  I worry about my children, I mull over choices and decisions I have made and regret.  I let everything come into my mind and I just think on it, I dwell on it, I wish I could change it, I am afraid of the outcome, I regret decisions and mistakes.... I just spiral down all too quickly.  My remedy....  Prayer.  It's always prayer.  I sit down with my journal.  (I have many) and I write all my negatives and then I just start praying and giving it all over to God.  I start thanking Him for what I do have, for how He has helped me, delivered me from other impossible situations.  I remember how He has comforted my heart from some of the most heartbreaking moments in my life.  I sometimes even cry some more over those moments and let Him comfort me some more.  It's really like the best therapy I could buy.  I wish I had saved my journals from the past... but usually I end up burning them... because well somethings are just left between me and God.  I think today is going to be one of those I fill a thousand pages days... (Not literally... but sometimes it feels close to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment