Family

Family

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The life of the overwhelmed...

Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.  
Psalm 61:1-4

These are just some of my all time favorite verses that God sweetly brings to mind when I am feeling overwhelmed.  It happens a lot you know.  I get distracted by the messy garage, the over flowing laundry hampers, the sink full of dishes, the schoolwork that still needs to be graded, the artwork that needs to be created for women's ministry, the name tags I was to make 2 months ago, and how many emails do I have to answer today?  Oh wait we have park day, and errands to run, dogs that once again need to be bathed... speaking of bathing... did I wash Olivia or David's hair this week?  I hope we have more detangling spray to brush out those tangles.  I just remembered something spilled in the fridge and I said I would get to it later.  Thanksgiving is at my house this year, and I am planning and prepping for a ladies tea for 184 ladies.... Payday is this week, so I will once again get to look at bills that there isn't enough money to cover, praying for miracles to buy my kids something nice for christmas.  Oh yeah Christmas... We won't have family with us this Christmas that were with us last.  Yeah... My heart begins to ache.  My aching heart reminds me of my aching body and all the ways it seems to be failing lately and should I try one more new Dr.? Or just stick with what I know. I get by feeling crummy, maybe I just deal with that.  

See how easily I can become overwhelmed... My lists of things to do never ends.  My lists of hurting ladies and friends I want to reach out to never goes away. My bills may get paid, but new ones always come.  So I cry.  I do cry out, just like this verse says.  It feels like it's the end of my earth.  The end of my rope that I am crying to Him from...  I ask Him, lead me to the rock.  The rock of my life Jesus.  The one who brings everything back into perspecitve.  The one that causes me to see I was a sinner doomed to hell, and He died for me.  Now I am saved by grace through faith.  I have the hope that this life isn't all there is and I will get to go to heaven and rule and reign with him throughout eternity.  Wow my day just got a whole lot brighter.  He then reminds me that He has been a shelter for me.  He has been a strong tower when I faced enemies.  I now declare that I will abide in His tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of His wings.  

Thank you God, for all you do in my life, how You speak to me through Your Word and give me hope to hang onto.  I do have a life of being overwhelmed... but I don't have to stay in that mindset.  I can cry out and be placed back into the precious covering of His wings!

One of our past women's retreats... almost 10 years ago.  Yet the visual and picture has always stuck in my mind.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment