Family

Family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Retreat

I know how much work goes into putting on a retreat.  I have been a part of my church's women's ministry since it started over 18 years ago.  I know all the planning, work, prayer, sweat, tears, etc. that goes into it.  So for me to get to go to a retreat and have nothing to do but just sit there is a nice treat.
Last year I attended Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa's women's retreat and it was such a blessing, I had to go again.
This year it was just my mom and I and it was really nice.  The campus in Murrieta is gorgeous.  So peaceful.  Scripture up everywhere and you just know the entire staff and students are praying for everyone who comes on their campus.
We had a nice private 2 person room, which is a commodity there.  The food was good, and the peace and quiet was so nice.
Scott Cunningham's 2 daughters 13 and 16 years old led worship all weekend, and wow is all I have to say to that.  I am so impressed.  They sang mostly old hymns and that was a special treat too.  I love our worship at church, but sometimes to just hear the sweet old hymns is well....  They  just have such depth to their lyrics.  Not to say our more modern ones don't... Oh I don't know how to applaud one without insulting the other... Let's just say it was sweet!
The speaker was a lady named Pam Markey.  She is a missionary who teaches at a bible college in Hungary and has an amazing testimony.  She has 8 children and lost her husband 5 years ago unexpectedly.  She is a great bible teacher.  The theme was Jesus never fails, and it was a great reminder of all he has done in my life.  He truly never fails.
Being that it's not my church's retreat I hesitate to ask for prayer, or take up time with the Pastors wives as I don't want to keep them from ministering to their ladies.  And yet as the retreat was ending it was such a burden on my heart to be prayed over and encouraged as I am in a newer stage of ministry for me.  I had a few moments with Cheryl Broderson and she was so sweet, super encouraging and prayed over me. It was icing on my already yummy cake.

And now I have a new stack of books, to add to my already overflowing bookshelves....



1 comment:

  1. So encouraging and so sweet that God carved out this time for you and your Mom. So glad you were blessed by it.

    By the way, I absolutely LOVE the new title and caption to your blog!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete