Family

Family

Monday, August 30, 2010

schedule change

7:15 wake, get dressed, take medicines
7:30 bible and prayer time
8:15 wake kids / start workout
9:00 start school
11:00 circle time
11:30 bible time
12:00 lunch
12:30 history/science
1:30 piano
2:00 oliva's nap / free time
4:00 whole house tidy

That is the new schedule.... Not as time specific as the last one. This is my schedule not the kids. Theirs is.....
8:30 wake and get ready for school
9:00 School
12:00 Lunch
12:30 more school
2:30 School Over, Chore time, then free time.

I took away the 30 minute time slots for them as it was frustrating them to change subjects before they were ready. So they basically have a start and a stop time and that's it. They do have a general list as to what needs to get done in a day so we will see if that helps.

Janet

4 comments:

  1. You know what is so funny as I read this? That, today we are starting to implement the 30 min per subject like you had originally (I got the idea from your post), and switching from the 9:00 to 12:00 schedule. I just thought it might really work for my boys. Let's see how it goes. I'll let you know. It just sounds like it might help keep them on track, but they are much younger than yours. M and K just work at their own pace and get their work done, but I think that the time limit helps to keep my 1st grader/2nd grader focused.

    Thanks for posting your schedule. I was so curious!
    xoxo,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope version 3 works better! It's so frustrating to find your "groove". As far as keeping the little ones occupied, my mom gave me a fantastic idea several years ago that might help you. She used to "assign" each older kid a 20 minute time slot to play with the baby during school time. With 3 older kids it works out to an hour. I tried it, and it was really helpful to have 20 minutes to work with one of the kids, while another child played with the baby.

    What are you doing for circle time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cleaned out the garage so now we have a place that will keep David and Olivia contained while I supervise the older kids doing school. I am not sure about a schedule other then a specific start time. I am excited to try it out.

    ReplyDelete