Family

Family

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 2....

Dun dun dun......

Ahhhhh I can foresee my future! I am pretty sure by the end of week 1 of school I will have completely changed our schedule. My neat, pretty little schedule I typed up, gridded out, LAMINATED!!!!! Yes the schedule is going to be changed. At least Rob said to me in the midst of his groveling yesterday (that's what he called it, I told him not to grovel) But he said to me "I will laminate anything you want as many times as you need!" That is like heaven to me. Not only am I a list lady, but my new fascination with laminating has me wanting everything laminated.

My daily schedule was.....
8- Wake: Short Devo and Prayer, Get Dressed and Ready for Day
8:30 - Wake Kids, Have Breakfast, Brush Littles Teeth.
9:00 School Starts Kids have their own schedule, they have 30 minutes allotted for each subject, anything left over is considered homework and they have to complete on their own time. I have circle time with the little kids.
9:30 Take Dirty Clothes out and sort, begin laundry, take in 1 load and put away.
10:00 Bible Time
10:30 Mom back to laundry beast and kids back on school time
11:00 Work on Chores Kids continue with school
12:00 Lunch!
12:30 MW History TTH Science
1:30 PE
2:00 Olivia Nap,Work on Ministry, computer stuff, Laundry, more chores.
4:00 Snack Time
4:30 House Tidy, Laundry, Each kid takes 20 minutes with littles and 40 minutes to work on their chores.
5:30 Dad home, Dinner Prep, Schedule over until bedtime
9:30 Bathe Littles, Brush Littles Teeth, Everyone Prep for Bed
10:00 Kids in Bed, tucked in, Tidy House, Time with Rob
11:00 Read Bible, Pray,
12:00 Bedtime! (Lord Willing)

Oh and this is just the M-TH Schedule, things change on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays... When is my Sabbath....

The new one.... well we will see by the end of this week, because so far, Laundry is not getting done. Chores??? What are those? Ministry stuff??? Just barely. The kids are doing great with their schoolwork, the big problem is the littles. David isn't up at 9, so circle time gets delayed. Olivia wants to be in the middle of everything so I need to schedule my time with her, and then just cram and get everything done during her nap.....

Keep you posted..... Rob, get ready to laminate :-)

6 comments:

  1. OOH, laminate!! I also went through a laminating phase. IT is the bomb! You can do it, J! All things are possible through Christ and lamination!

    xoxo,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post!!! As you know very well, it gets easier each year that the littlest grows a year older. Last year was SO difficult with Beatrice (she would have been the same exact age as Olivia is now)...but other than our first 2 days of school this year, she has been perfect! Playing independently and/or respectfully doing her "school work" (her words, not mine) at the table with us. You can do it mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring!! I think I will make a loose schedule for next week and then revise once I see how all the new curriculum stuff lands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious what you are doing for circle time with your little ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a circle time kit from Lakeshore. We go over colors, rhyming, letter of the day, calendar, seasons, days of the week, stuff like that. It takes about 20 -30 minutes. Olivia, just sits and watches, tries to grab stuff sometimes, but mostly is just sitting along with us. Then during bible time the big kids lead worship kid style and the little ones participate in that, then they play while the older kids and I read the bible.

    ReplyDelete