Family

Family

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

She's a maniac maniac on the floor.....

And she's cleaning like she never cleaned before....

Well the day I set the timer... It worked. Old faithful never fails. Pretty soon I was so inspired that I just kept on working. Well I got so much done (I will list below all I did) that the next day (today) I woke up and got busy no timer needed and am just now sitting down for the first time today. WOOT WOOT. I know a lot of it has to do with I have gotten 5 hours of sleep 2 nights in a row. I am so excited about that too. I feel like with all this cleaning and organizing I am remembering who I am. I felt like the unwoman for awhile. No opinions, just doing everything to make everyone else happy. I felt like if you asked me my opinion I wouldn't even know what it was.... I know what does this have to do with cleaning... well I like to clean. I like to organize. I like to think up new and helpful systems. So for me to have every drawer, every closet in chaos it has been torture. Yet what can you do with 6 months of vomiting every day, which then turns into 9 weeks of bedrest, followed by 2 years of not sleeping through the night only to get pregnant and repeat almost the same scenario again. Yep meanwhile trying to homeschool 3 other children. Needless to say I haven't scrapbooked or chrocheted, or organized in a very long time!
Ok enough of my boring stuff.... Here is what I did.

5, 33gallon bags of Trash
7, 33 gallon bags of Give away

I completely gutted and cleaned out then put back only what I use neatly every cupboard in my master bathroom. Every closet, drawer, shelf, box, under the bed in my master bedroom. Every drawer, closet, shelf under the bed in my girls room. Every drawer, closet, shelf under the bed in my boys room. Every shelf cupboard and drawer in my hallway bathroom. My hallway closet that holds cleaning supplies. My hallway cupboard that holds my books, my hallway cupboard that holds all our medicines. I cleaned out 5 small boxes in my front dining room. I went through the families jacket racks and got rid of at least 15 jacket/sweatshirts. Cleaned off the top of my fridge. Then tidied the rest of the house that the kids had destroyed while I was busy working. So now tomorrow I am putting my feet up. I have 4.5 rooms left, some of them are huge projects until we work on the attic and garage. Rob has promised to help with those.... So I will keep you posted.

In the meantime I have set aside my cleaning/home upkeep cards because as one book I read said... "You can't organize clutter!" So until the clutter is gone and everything has its place.....

5 comments:

  1. WOWSERS!! I need a nap now just from reading this. ;) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SA-WEET!!!! woo hoo! So proud of you! I think I need a rest too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, how EXCITING!!! I am so darn proud of you! You accomplished SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I like the timer idea, I think it would work great for me!

    ReplyDelete