Family

Family

Monday, April 12, 2010

Blurred Vision....

I can't focus. I got a late start to my day and now I am just all out of whack. It doesn't help that my monthly friend is here and I can't eat chocolate!!!
Ok enough whine about that and back to my original problem of blurry vision. I have a vision for my home... Everything has a place and everything in its place. Yep the goal of perfection. Should a perfectionist have any other goal? I think not! Now about that goal. I have not reached it, nor am I even close. It seems to me that as I get one closet organized my garage gets thrashed. So we straighten the garage and my movie collection is somehow spread all over the house. So I sit and for hours organize my movie collection only to find every bucket of toys tossed empty into a giant pile of toys... Now are these barbie shoes, polly shoes, or mini barbie shoes.... Oh wait I know they are secret pal shoes... or whatever they are called. Yes the sorting and organizing is endless.
Oh wait did I forget to mention I had 2 wet beds over the weekend so now my laundry pile which usually accumulates at the rate of around 2 large loads a day is now some how at a staggering 8 loads to get it all done, and then by the time I finish those there will be another 2 loads waiting for me. My washer is so fancy that it takes at least an hour and my dryer takes at least 1 hour and 30 minutes so you do the math... Its just impossible now to catch up unless I work through the night. Off to the laundry mat I must go. Hmmm how does one do that in the rain with 5 kids?
Wait what did all of this have to do with blurry vision??? Oh yeah sorry... Ok so I said I was going to use my old faithful method of my card system to stay on track with family chores and house cleaning etc. Then guess what happened??? The app for my Iphone that was similar to my system but not quite what I needed now is updated to exactly what I wanted.... WHAT? Why didn't this happen 3 weeks ago. So now I am torn... do I set the card system aside and start up the system on my app Or forget the app and just stick with the cards?
Yep this is the problem of the perfectionist. I get so caught up in the details and having to do it all perfectly all at the same time that I never know where to start or what to start with so rather then at least getting 2 loads done all I can see is the 8 I didn't. Its all or nothing and my vision is so blurred right now I cant see straight.... So what did I do. I blogged HA HA HA...sigh. If I were to every list all my little OCD issues I am sure it would scare you all off. Thank God for Rob who does see them and just laughs and calls me cute.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know them all, but the ones I do see are charming. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we must have the same washing machine! I love it, but I hate 59 minute long cycles! It takes forever to get laundry done.

    ReplyDelete