Family

Family

Monday, April 5, 2010

I love timers!

Today the timer is my friend..... Ever have those days where you just cannot get motivated? So you waste time all day then you finally look at the clock and are like Oh dang its 4 PM where did my day go? Well being that its monday, the first monday after a week of spring break I already know its gonna be one of those days. It started with a horrible nights sleep so that when 6 Am rolled around and I was gonna get up to get a great start on my day I couldn't move because of being up 4 times in the night. So when 9 AM rolled around I thought I better make some coffee and get a timer.

So that's what I am doing. I have this motto I can do anything for 10 minutes. So i set my timer for 10 and I goof off on my favorite computer game. Then I set my timer for 10 minutes and go to my master bathroom and start cleaning. Timer goes off, I go back to my computer and mess around. It may not sound like much, or it may sound like a lot of messing around, but I always am surprised by how much I get done. Not to mention I at the very least worked 30 minutes of every hour instead of realizing its 4PM and I have nothing done. Also somewhere in the process without fail I always find my motivation and start taking more 10 minute cleaning breaks then I take 10 minute fun breaks....

So here I come crazy Monday armed with my timer and my coffee... I will let you know who won!

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried the timer trick but I DO know that feeling of it being the end of the day and I didn't accomplish anything (other than FB of course). So I think I'll try the timer today . . . :)

    ReplyDelete