Family

Family

Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Day of School

I started my 10th year of homeschool today. It is hard to believe that time has gone by so fast.

We started our morning with 8AM bible study with Dad. Then we went over our behavior contracts, prayed for our day and had breakfast.
Stephan is 14 and in 9th grade. He has decided to take a full class load plus 2 electives as he is hoping to graduate a year early.
Robert is happy with his 8th grade work and was pleasantly surprised that his first day of math wasn't as hard or frustrating as he expected.
Abigail had 2 different projects the first day of school, but we only had the supplies for one, so she will have to make up the other, but even she stayed focused and finished school relatively early for her.
David, is only 4.5, but wanted to start school like the big kids. Kindergarten is a lot of work for me to plan and prepare and then sit with him every day and do, but I was willing to try since he wanted to. The nice thing is there is absolutely no pressure. If he doesn't get it, we can just repeat next year and he won't be behind age wise.
Olivia slept in like usual, which was incredibly helpful for the first day of school. I was able to do K with David before she woke up.

I decided to set an alarm clock this year and start my day at 6:45 am. Yes I know that is sleeping in for some of my friends, but for my 1-2 am bedtime, it is EARLY! I am hoping though that after a week, my body clock will change and I will be able to go to bed at 11PM like a normal person.
Today has been a great day, the kids are now having PE in the pool while I get to peruse FB and Blogs. So thankful for a great day.

1 comment:

  1. YAY, J! How exciting. I love the beginning of the new school year because I feel so extra motivated and everything is in order and fresh and clean. I was just praying a few minutes ago that God would help me to have that attitude throughout the WHOLE year...not just through the first quarter, lol. I can't believe how long it has been for me as a homeschooling mom. Starting our 12 year, the last for M and K. It is really overwhelming and exciting and encouraging. I am just in awe of how God carried me through as a single mom to now homeschooling 5 kiddos at the same time while trying to keep the 6th happy.

    May God give the Cobb's their best homeschool year YET!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete