Family

Family

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Being creative in finding time for bible reading and prayer

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. (Matthew 6:6 NLT)

I have 5 children and finding a spot where I can go away by myself is often a miracle. I attempt to wake before them for my daily quiet time, but sometimes that doesn't happen either. My kids have some strange mom sense. They always seem to know where I am at, when I am awake and they want to be right where I am. So how do I get my daily bible reading and prayer time in.... My little secret. A nice pair of headphones, my husband bought me these 2 years ago. They are mine and the kids know they better not touch them. We used gift cards and coupons and got a great deal, because they are expensive. My other secret is Pandora's instrumental Praise station. I put on the headphones, I turn on the instrumental praise station and I am now sitting in the same room while my kids do school, play, watch mickeys clubhouse or whatever and yet I am in my own private prayer closet. I can pray under my breath, I can read my bible and really hear from God. Even though it's more difficult to find the time to spend with God when we are busy, we don't give up doing it. Maybe you aren't home with 5 kids all day like I am... But a busy office space or busy courtyard at lunch, the headphones and tuning others out will still help you. If you are struggling to find the time or place to read God's word and pray, ask God to help you . He can show you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment