Family

Family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not at all as planned!

Wow, I have 12 days until school starts. Part of me can't wait to get back into that routine, and yet part of me feels overwhelmed at all the work that means.
I really have been lazy this summer. Ok, well not lazy exactly because I have had kids over almost every single day, numerous parties and gatherings, almost something every single day and evening.... Yet lazy in that none.... repeat none!!!! of my summer projects are done or even started. So tonight as I mourn the loss of my handy Iphone and wonder if it will get replaced, repaired, or just be gone. I sit here and think I should type out a TO DO LIST and see just how much I can get done before August 2.


o Clean out all white cabinets in garage
o Clean out attic
o Clean out all shelves in garage
o Clean out clothes that do not fit David
o Clean out clothes that do not fit Olivia
o Clean out toy buckets/baskets
o Completely organize toys
o Help kids clean out closets
o Help kids clean out drawers and desks
o Clean out kitchen cabinets
o Clean and organize all books
o Clean and organize all DVD’s
o Clean and organize all CD’s
o Plan and prepare first 4 weeks of school
o Plan and prepare field trips/park days
o Clean out emails
o Clean out and reorganize receipts
o Clean out and reorganize files
o Clean out and reorganize school supplies
o Stay sane!!!!


Well here goes.... Let's see how much I get done.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy that's quite a list with only 12 days left of summer! Can you get a babysitter for a day or two and try and bust out as many of those projects as possible? Start with the easy ones, then you will feel like you accomplished something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is probably more of a dream.... I should have tackled it at the beginning of summer. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm not working :) Wish I could be there to help in some way, shape or form. Praying that the Lord will give you discernment on most important and that you will be ok with what doesn't get done. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So 2 weeks have passed...were you able to check off a few things!?

    ReplyDelete